This area is designed for the press and other media institutions
and contains Press Releases,
Promotional Images, Show Information and
For any enquires, special requirements and interview availability,
please contact our press officer, Dion Clements at SPIN on 0845 257 1479 or at
The following is a collection of promotional photos and images
for the Edinburgh 2010 production of Plague. All photos are by
Poster imagery by Chris
Gould based on the 2008 design by Matthew Townend and David Massingham.
Permission is granted for reproduction, altering and distribution. If you
require a higher resolution image or have any other special requirements then
don't hesitate to contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact Dion Clements
at SPIN, on 0845 257 1479 or at
Show / Company Information
The following items are available which may be of assistance:-
- Fringe Programme Copy
It’s 1665 and Clive has come to London to seek his fortune but ends up
inadvertently unleashing the bubonic plague! A 2008 sell-out show, the
Plague returns to Edinburgh slicker, funnier and deadlier than ever before!
- 10 Word Sell
The epidemic tale of alchemists, undertakers, mutant rats...
- 20 Word Sell
The epidemic tale of a young undertaker who gets rich after
accidentally unleashing the Great Plague Of London.
- 150 Word Show Synopsis -
A short synopsis covering all the main story points
- Teaser Synopsis - The main public synopsis
that does not complete the story
- Detailed Synopsis - A complete, detailed
synopsis of the show featuring song titles and character descriptions
- Show Background - A
background of how the show began and some of the big influences in
- Company Background - A background of
the Bubonic Productions company.
- Target Audiences
Adults and students will appreciate the innuendo, historical references and
offbeat humour found in the script, while the young will enjoy the farcical
nature of some of the characters. The original, show-stopping numbers along
with the engaging story will have universal appeal.
- Plague! is an entirely original piece with 11 show stopping musical
- Plague! is the first musical to base an entire love song around a recorder-playing twelve year old with a kidney disorder.
- There is an extreme range of heights in the Plague! creative team.
Writer David Massingham stands at a somewhat excessive 6’7” whereas
co-writer Matt Townend stands at a more reasonable 5’5”. Matt’s father, and
music orchestrator, Mike, however, is a true-to-life dwarf! The photographic
potential is simply unreal. Think Twins and multiply.
- Plague writers David Massingham and Matt Townend are not the first musical
writing duo to meet and begin writing at Exeter University. George Stiles and
Anthony Drewe, writers of Honk! and the new songs in Mary Poppins, also met and
began writing together there.
- Plague! orchestrator Mike Townend wrote the theme tune to classic kids TV
- Plague! has been significantly abridged for Edinburgh. The full length
version of Plague! runs at 2h30m and includes an additional four songs over the
- Plague! director Tim Frost created the role of Jerry in the 2008 Edinburgh